Fowlescombe Mangalitsa Lonza, Organic, 70g (sliced)
Fowlescombe Mangalitsa Lonza is our take on an Italian classic pork loin that is cured, rolled in spices and air-dried for a minimum of three months.
Mangalitza charcuterie can be described as the charcuterie for connoisseurs. The melt in the mouth meat and the monounsaturated fat makes for some of the most distinctive cured meats all over the world. Our Lonzo is no exception. Delicate but with good length of flavour, it provides theatre on a charcuterie board and can be used in cooking.
Our Mangalitsa comes from Fowlescombe farm, where pigs live a healthy, free-range life in the woodlands, foraging, picking up plenty of wild plant foods as they root around.
Note: Lonza from Italian simply means loin
Cured – Ready to Eat Open the pack, allow to come to room temperature and serve.
This product will arrive with a minimum of 12 days shelf life. Once opened consume within 3 days.
- As a wonderful starter, wrap a slice around a fresh fig and roast in a medium oven for 15 minutes.
- Roll around a scallop and gently pan fry for one and a half minutes on either side
- Serve as part of a charcuterie platter accompanied by cornichon, a medium hard cheddar and a delicious glass of red wine.
- Serve hot in a fresh baguette with red cabbage coleslaw and sliced apple.
- Serve in a taco with avocado, salsa and home-made refried beans.
Mangalitsa Pork Loin (185g used in 100g of finished product), *Salt, Sugar, White Pepper, Sweet Paprika. Antioxidant: Sea Buckthorn, *Sodium nitrite.
*Denotes non-organic ingredients
Gluten and allergen free
There is a minimum spend on all our orders of £20, excluding delivery.
We deliver nationwide Tuesday-Saturday. Please note we do not deliver at weekends or on Bank Holidays.
Place your order before 11am to qualify for next day delivery. Orders placed after 11am will be dispatched the following day for overnight delivery.
All our deliveries to UK mainland addresses are by DPD and charged at £4.95.